Professional Baseball Training by Steve Ontiveros
I've known Steve for a long time now, there is no one better at teaching
advanced pitches. He has really helped me sharpen up my cutter and my
change up. If I move to the starting rotation, I'll go see the Spin Doctor
and learn a curve ball.
I wanted to thank you for working with my son, Andy, who recently signed a Letter of Intent to play baseball at Monmouth University. One of the things that promped Monmouth's interest, as well over twenty
other colleges, was the knuckle curve you taught him. As his father, it's a
relief to me that he won't risk the typical injury that players get when
throwing the traditional curve. My only regret is not living in the area so
I can entrust him to your great teaching.
- - Frank McDonnell
Thank you very much for taking the time to say hi to my boys and help Jacob
with his new pitch. It worked awesome, so well that the coach wouldnt let
him throw it with runners on because our catcher couldnt catch it.
You are the greatest and appreciate everything you have done with all the
- - David Clark
Unbelievable knowledge of the science and the art of pitching and more importantly, the ability and passion to communicate it. Steve has a way of immediately getting to the cause/effect relationship in what is a very difficult motor skill to teach. The return on the investment has been substantial and will be paying off for years to come. I have seen him take a very raw talent, who happens to be my son, and build a pitcher.
- - Jeff Lessig
Fountain Hills High School
Fountain Hills, Arizona
- "My son was just an average JV baseball player until Steve Worked with him. Now he became one of the most sought after right handers in the country and committed to UCLA in his Junior year. Charles became the ace of the Chapparal High School team that finished 5th in the nation. It is amazing what he has done with my son and I have my two other sons training with the Spin Doctor as well."
- - Robert Brewer
- "I came to see Steve to improve my offspeed pitches. He helped clean up my mechanics and added a couple of MPH on my fastball and taught me a devastating curveball. I wouldn't be in the big leagues today without these additions."
- - David Aardsma
- "I've known Steve for a long time now, there is no one better at teaching advanced pitches. He has really helped me sharpen up my cutter and my change up. If I move to the starting rotation, I'll go see the Spin Doctor and learn a curve ball."
- - Pete Walker
Toronto Blue Jays
- "I've been trying to learn a change up for 4 years and Steve taught it to me in five pitches!"
- - Huston Street
Steve Ontiveros will make a difference - quickly. Steve uses his veteran knowledge and experience to evaluate, assess and adjust a pitcher to his strengths. Not all pitchers have the same style and Steve understands that. He will clean you up, teach you pitches and promote your longevity and effectiveness as a pitcher.
Steve taught a minor league pitcher of mine a better curve and change up than he was throwing, which made his fastball more effective. The player advanced from A to AA and got a couple appearances in AAA because of his command.
You see what one of my veterans - Pete Walker - says about Steve. You won't go wrong!
- - Ted Updike
22 year Player Agent
Steve seems to have the unique ability of simplifying and translating
complex aspects of pitching in a way that is easy for pitchers of all ages
to understand and apply.
He recently worked with a young player of mine who had fallen into some bad
habits mechanically and was able to get him back on track in a matter of
weeks! The result was a breakthrough year in the minor leagues! Based on
my experience with Steve, I will not only recommend for this particular
pitcher to go in for a check up with the "Spin Doctor" but I will most
certainly be recommending other pitchers to him in the future!
- - Ryan Ware
San Diego, CA
- "I have known Steve for 20 years as his former agent, he is definitely a student of the game and understands what it takes both physically and mentally to succeed in the Major Leagues. He has helped out some of my clients in the past and I will not hesitate to send any one to him in the future."
- - Alan Meersand
25 year veteran Player Agent, Manhattan Beach Ca
- "I recommend Steve Ontiveros to Major League pitchers who are trying to improve as well, as well as my grandson's. I first saw Steve pitching in the minor leagues. He was and still is a great learner. He taught himself so well that he led the American League in ERA average. He is second to none at teaching all aspects. He can get you started and help the best get better."
- - Karl Kuehl
Former Major League Manager, Coach and Director of Player Development, and currently Advisor for Baseball Operations with the Cleveland Indians